Each year, thousands of Californians suffer serious injuries in trucking accidents. Common truck accident injuries include broken bones, traumatic brain injury (TBI), internal injuries, and even paralysis. If you or a loved one were injured in a truck accident, you have the right to pursue compensation for your injuries. Negligent parties need to be held accountable. However, you may receive lower than a full and fair financial recovery if you face them alone, despite the fact that trucking companies and their drivers are well insured. At Dennis Law Group, our aggressive truck accident attorneys can help you obtain the compensation you deserve following a big rig accident.
We have helped countless individuals and families recover compensation for their catastrophic injuries or the wrongful death of a loved one. With offices in Irvine, San Jose, and Los Angeles, we proudly serve all of California.
Call Now (888) 820-2889
and Speak to An Attorney Right Away!
Common Causes of Truck Accidents
Determining the cause of the truck accident is an essential part of your injury claim. When appropriate, our trial lawyers utilize our significant resources to investigate truck accidents and uncover any negligence on the part of the truck driver, trucking company, or truck manufacturer. We strive to hold the trucking industry completely accountable for negligent acts and regulatory violations – not only to obtain full compensation for our clients, but also to improve safety and prevent future harm to other motorists.
It is important to note that because commercial motor vehicles are far bigger than most passenger vehicles and truckers tend to spend far more time on the road than the average driver, there are unique issues involved with commercial truck accidents. Indeed, many truck accidents are directly related to an inability to control the rig. For example, we commonly see crashes involving:
1. Rear-End Collisions: Heavy trucks need far more stopping distance than passenger vehicles, and this means that rear-end collisions are particularly common.
2. Blind Spot Accident: Large commercial trucks also have significantly larger blind spots than cars, pickup trucks, and SUVs. However, this is not an excuse for sideswipes, turning accidents, and other types of collisions.
3. Roller-over Accidents: When a tractor-trailer driver loses control, perhaps due to a shifting load, the forces involved can be more than enough to cause the trailer to rollover.
4. Jackknife Accidents: In some cases, a trailer will jackknife rather than rolling over. However, the consequences can be equally severe.
However, that being said, truck crashes may be caused by many of the same factors that are at play in car accidents, including:
· Driving under the influence
· Driver fatigue
· Lack of truck driver training and experience
· Reckless, careless, and aggressive truck driving
· Cargo loading errors and trailer defects
· Maintenance issues
If you or a loved one was injured in a big rig or commercial truck accident, you will want to speak with an experienced accident attorney to discuss your legal rights and potential for financial recovery. Our skilled legal team at Dennis Law Group is available for a complimentary consultation today.