No matter how attentive and cautious you are, riding a motorcycle in traffic can always be a risky decision. Unfortunately, as motorcyclists know all too well, no matter what precautions you take, you can’t control other people on the road. Someone else’s negligent or reckless driving may end up hurting you. Regardless of how your accident happened, if you were injured in an motorcycle accident due to someone else’s careless actions, you may be entitled to compensation. It is important that you protect your rights by consulting an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in Orange County.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident that wasn’t your fault, contact the Dennis Law Group right away. Our personal injury lawyers will work on securing motorcycle accident settlements for you, while you concentrate on recovering. With offices in Irvine, San Jose and Los Angeles, we proudly represent accident victims across all of California.
We invite you to call at (888) 820-2889
And schedule a complimentary, confidential consultation to get your questions answered!
Steps to Follows after a Motorcycle accident
If you are involved in a motorcycle collision, first ensure your own safety and well-being. Then, take the following steps:
1. Call the emergency medical helpline immediately following a motorcycle accident. Both law enforcement and medical personnel should be present at the scene to document the accident and care for any injuries sustained in the accident.
2. If you have sustained any injuries, follow up with a medical professional to understand the full extent of your injuries.
3. Track any expenses you incur following the accident. This includes any medical appointments or costs related to fixing your motorcycle.
4. Contact an experienced motorcycle accident attorney in California. Choosing the correct lawyer can make all the difference in the compensation you receive for the accident.
Motorcycle Accident Injuries
Eighty percent of all motorcycle accidents result in some form of injury- and nearly half of all motorcycle accidents involving other vehicles happen at intersections. Motorcycle accidents have a higher injury rate compared to motor vehicle accidents, as a result of the lack of a protective outer shell and a lack of passive protective systems such as seatbelts and airbags.
Common situations that result in motorcycle accidents are:
- A vehicle turns in front of an oncoming motorcycle
- A vehicle pulls out in front of a motorcycle
- Rear ending – where a motorcycle has come to a sudden stop and is hit by a vehicle from behind the motorcycle
- Where a motor vehicle cuts a corner while negotiating a bend and hits a motorcycle or pushes it off the road
Two of the most common injuries associated with motorcycle injuries are:
Road Rash: friction abrasions to the skin caused by sliding across the road or pavement during or after a motorcycle accident without proper protection. Road rash injuries can lead to permanent skin damage and irritation and/or infections.
Injuries on Head: Under Vehicle Code Section 27803, California requires all riders to wear a helmet. Even while wearing a helmet, you may be able to suffer head or brain trauma. Such injuries include mild to severe concussions, headaches, memory loss, and nausea.
In order to receive compensation for your injuries and or property damage, you should contact a motorcycle injury lawyer in California to examine and evaluate your case to determine fault as well as the necessary evidence required to help your claim. The experienced trial lawyers at the Dennis Law Group handle motorcycle injuries. For a free, no obligation consultation, contact us today.